Day Support Services for Adults
Visions Family Services Day Support Program provides adults with intellectual disabilities a variety of empowering activities. These activities are designed to promote social integration into the community while engaging each person at their cognitive level. Our services implement strategies focused on improving communal relationship skills for individuals receiving day support.
Services for adults are rooted in a belief in each person’s ability to engage in and accomplish an array of appropriate tasks and/or activities. Our ability to find each individual's capability level and our dedication to its development is a staple of VFS Day Support Programs. Community integration is at the core of our strategic plan. Activities include but not limited to:
- Weekly volunteering with the "Meals-On-Wheels" Program
- Monthly field trips
- Continuing Education (reading & writing)
- Recognition of money, money management and budgeting principles
- Social Awareness - where individuals learn appropriate social behaviors through assisting in planning events and holiday activities
- Maintaining appropriate boundaries when interacting socially
- Working cooperatively with others
Day Support Services thru VFS will enable your client or loved one to have a full social experience. An experience based on a principle of integration where they learn new skills and build the ability to interact with others in the community.
Let us ensure Visions Family Services is ideal for you. Contact us at 804-732-4281 or email@example.com to begin the process of enriching the life of your client or loved one.